Cactus Language is committed to providing the best possible care for our language learners, so you can feel safe and confident about learning a language at one of our schools across the world. We understand that the guidance to combat COVID-19 is constantly evolving. Therefore, schools will regularly review the OMS and Government Coronavirus Pledge to adapt to the local conditions as required.
Most of our schools are open and are welcoming students.
If you are looking to book a language holiday in 2021 with Cactus our multilingual team will be happy to answer any question you may have. Contact us over the phone on 00 44 (0) 1273 830 960, by contact us form or chat.
Keeping everyone safe is our top priority. All schools have adopted strict measures which comply with National Government rules and guidance to protect the safety and well-being of everyone who is attending a language course.
• Ensuring buildings are clean and disinfected
• Promoting and demonstrating regular hand-washing and positive hygiene behaviours
• Ensuring adequate and clean toilets
• Ensuring the use of personal protective equipment
• Increased air flow and ventilation (where possible)
• Smaller class sizes
• Staff training and instruction on adhering to government guidelines
• Social distancing measures
• Health and safety briefing to all students upon arrival at the school in relation to COVID-19
• On-site student services team will monitor the well-being of the students
• Designated team members to discuss concerns
• Students and staff members may be required to have daily temperature checks
• Health and safety briefing to all students in relation to COVID-19
• Restrict excursions and activities based on the risk assessment outcomes
If anyone at the school develops symptoms they will need to self-isolate. It might be a requirement that other students and staff members self-isolate as well, depending on the instructions from the Public Health agency.
In the unlikely event of infection, the student will need to isolate with the support of the on-site welfare team. Extra support will be provided so that students can continue to learn whilst in self-isolation. All students are advised to purchase medical insurance before travelling.
• All accommodation options have been reviewed to comply with safety measures and can be booked in conjunction with a course
• Premises are under a strict cleaning schedule
• Common areas have been adapted to comply with social distancing rules
• Students are encouraged to book separate rooms to aid with self-isolation if necessary. We will consider options for sharing a room in homestay, upon request.
We completely understand that some of our customers may want to or may have to change their travel plans as a result of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. For this reason, we are giving additional levels of flexibility to our customers. Please click here to check the full details.